As a discipline expert and contact drives functional performance by designing and implementing business technology solutions aimed at enabling and accelerating the delivery of new or improved products. Technical leader acting at group, department, and cross-functional levels. Responsible for managing the Data, Solutions, Business, and/or Technology architectures and tying them to the Enterprise Architecture and other architectures. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in their function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a leader in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data.
The Mobile /Web Architect in the International Commercial BTS is responsible for leading all the technical application architecture and development activities of AbbVie's International Commercial instance for web and mobile digital channel using following platform Adobe Experience Cloud platform, Salesforce Community Cloud Platform, Native & Hybrid Mobile Apps usingSalesforce.com SDK and OutSystems. This role will be managing a team of architects and developers globally.
S/he will support AbbVie's platform delivery product engineering teams. The individual will work closely with business and technology leads, including product managers, analysts, architects, project managers, user experience leads as well as external agencies and partners.
The individual will operate as a Web and Mobile subject matter expert and will be the point person for all technical and functional capabilities across technologies & platforms. S/he will report directly to the Director BTS.
Qualified candidates must have proven experience with the Adobe Experience Manager and Salesforce Community Cloud applications as well as other Open Source Web Technologies. Primary Responsibilities/Duties
- Develops and achieves a discipline strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within the function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with the accelerated development of new/improved products or technology.
- Advances technical expertise within the function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assesses current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Ensures the quality and effectiveness of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Sources and identifies emerging scientific and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Integrates trends into short-term functional objectives - Advances cross-discipline technology and direction through the generation of data.
- Applies imagination and innovation by creating, inventing, and implementing new or better approaches, alternatives, and breakthrough ideas that are valued by customers within the function.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on AEM, content management, marketing automation, analytics & targeting capabilities.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Mobile Technologies - Native and Hybrid App Development.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Salesforce Platform & OutSystems Mobile app dev platform
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Web and Mobile solution.
- Lead technical design sessions to architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an AEM Mobile & SFDC implementation
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Adobe platform, including AEM/CQ, CRX, DAM or Mobile Apps, SFDC Community Cloud, CMS solutions
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Provide detailed estimates and lead solution architecture development.
- Collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to promote the re-use of application architecture, templates, and components.
- Establish standards and guidelines for the effective use of the Web & Mobile solutions and their integration with Abbvie and third-party systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Manage a team of architects, developers in the product engineering team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive (typically 16 years) of related work; Master's Degree or equivalent education in Science/Technology or PharmD or equivalent education with extensive (typically 10-12 years) of related work; Ph.D. in Science/Technology or related field with typically 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with a remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within the function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated the ability to influence others in areas of science and technology.
- Must have hands-on digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience cloud applications such as AEM, ACM, Analytics and Salesforce Community Cloud
- Must have hands-on Native & Hybrid iOS & Android Mobile App dev experience in a Mobile Technologies, Salesforce.com platform and Content Mgmt. Experience in the IT product engineering team.
- OutSystems rapid mobile app dev platform experience is a plus
- More than 12 years of architecture/software development experience
- Strong experience in leading, developing and architecting digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience cloud applications such as AEM, ACM, Analytics and Salesforce Community Cloud
- Strong experience in leading, developing, and architecting Native/Hybrid Mobile Apps using the Salesforce platform.
- Familiarity with Mobile technologies like React, Elm, Vue, etc Mastery in ONE of Java, Swift, Objective C, Kotlin, ES6 etc
- At least one app in Play Store/App store Desired Skills Mastery in Android, iOS development OR Web development Familiarity with Salesforce platform Experience with hybrid native/web applications and WebViews.
- Familiar with Open Source Web/Mobile dev stack.
- Hands-on Full Stack Developer / Architect
- Proven experience in rolling out global Web/Mobile applications using enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions to create a scalable and reusable business solution.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong IT analysis and analytical skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Leading large & global teams of employees & consultants
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities