At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
Join our team and see your contributions have an impact on not just the company, but the mobile ecosystem as a whole!
As a Software Engineer - Search, you’ll get to:
- Work collaboratively with product managers, infrastructure, platform and data engineers to refine requirements, architect and implement complex systems to make mobile search results more relevant.
- Lead the design and implementation of complex systems end to end, sometimes with vague requirements - be it a new service to power new functionality or data pipelines to ingest large volumes of data or implementing state of the art complex algorithms.
- Incorporate feedback directly from our partners so you can help build new features with a focus on scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Make significant contributions to a small team with the potential for a large impact as an individual contributor.
- Continuously learn new tools and technologies.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years building and owning high-volume, production data pipelines and services.
- Proficiency in Java and interest in learning new languages and/or technologies.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a collaborative team environment.
- Passion for pioneering unique solutions to meet partner needs without sacrificing quality.
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually improve.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with databases like Postgres or Kafka and familiarity with ElasticSearch, FoundationDB, or Redis.
- Familiarity working with modern cloud based microservice architectures.
- Experience working with AWS, Git, CI Pipeline.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!