Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 200 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Snap Product Engineering! As a member of the User & Friends team, you will deliver new features for future releases and drive product changes to improve user’s experience. Working from our Shenzhen office, you and the team will focus on successfully onboarding new Snapchatters, helping them learn the app, find their best friends on Snap, and keeping them informed of new features and events. You will work on projects that span from weeks to months, but all will be used by millions of people around the world.
What you'll do:
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Build smooth, stable and fun products
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews, design reviews and iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Collaborate efficiently with top engineers around the world
- Create engineering quality and efficiency meanwhile proactively participate in maintaining team standard and best practices
- Work with other senior leaders to define and execute a strategic roadmap aligned with Snapchat’s top goals
- Understands the broader business context around their area and provides intelligent solutions.
- Be responsible for coding new features and installing the right expertise into the team through your technical expertise and leadership for long-term success
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications
- Experience in system design and hands-on development
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structure and algorithms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, can triage and resolve critical tech issues without supervision.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience).
- Comprehension of and ability to speak in English
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Strong track record of delivering large client features in app registration, sign-up, onboarding and friending.
- Interest in data driven approach to problem solving
- Experience in Java, Kotlin, RX Java and specifically Android programming
- Familiar with Objective-C and specifically xcode and iOS programming
- Familiar with AB testing and evaluation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience in Growth products development
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company