Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for an Android engineer to join our new native apps team and build our first real mobile offering. On this team, you’ll work with others to build mobile apps that make it easy for engineers, designers and PMs to collaborate in Figma.
You’ll work closely with designers and PM’s to re-think our product so that it works seamlessly on mobile. You’ll take part in the decision of which technologies we use, and which features are most important to build first. You’ll also help set up our team processes for testing and deployment, and set the tone for mobile team culture.
The Figma engineering team is highly collaborative and most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture — you can read more about our engineering values on our blog
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What You'll be Doing:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to re-think our web product so that it works seamlessly on mobile
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our mobile apps
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
We're Looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of professional experience building Android applications
- Extensive understanding of mobile product development
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English