Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Android Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the Cameos team, you will help to build a platform that creates extremely engaging and funny videos featuring users' faces.
Working from our office in London you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of Snapchatters use every day. You will own and drive high-level features from planning through implementation and be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle. Since all the sophisticated generation algorithms are happening on-device, you will solve complex performance and ML tasks within the Android client.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with design, product, and engineering teams to bring product ideas to life
- Solve complex performance and ML tasks within the Android client
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in developing native Android apps
- Experience working with Kotlin and Android SDK
- Extensive experience of Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience in full stack application development
- Design and build UI, understanding UI/UX
- Strong knowledge of Android architecture principles, patterns, and best practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of Android NDK
- Experience with RenderScript, NEON or alternative tools for running computationally
- Intensive tasks at high performance on Android
- Experience with running Deep Learning Frameworks (Tensorflow, etc.) on Android
- Participation in hackathons or well known open source projects, in top ranked apps
- Good Data Structures and Algorithm knowledge and understanding
- Winning in programming Olympiads