At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and other Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
Join our team and see your contributions have an immediate impact on not just the company, but the mobile ecosystem as a whole!
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product and leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
As a Senior/Staff Data Scientist, you’ll get to:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience using Big Data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Snowflake, Splunk, etc).
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Ability to create prototypes using structured data sets. Validate results and are able to provide good evidence backing your findings.
- Passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Experience working in a startup environment, on small teams focused on rapid execution and immediate impact.
- At least 3-4 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Must be comfortable writing code in either Java or Python that can be used to run experiments, produce reports, and develop prototypes of proposed models or methods.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SQL
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!