At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
If you are passionate about building scalable software services handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come join us!
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Help build and shape the next generation of Branch’s APIs and backend systems.
- Influence and drive best practices and technical excellence within your team and across the Branch organization.
- Scope, define and lead design and implementation across multi-functional teams. You will often take vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization and coordination.
- Work with the QA team to ensure the features you're shipping are of high quality, including rolling up your sleeves and writing both unit and integration tests.
- Mentor other team members and contribute to team growth.
- Learn something new every week, whether it’s a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn’t know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience building scalable backend systems and API gateways.
- Strong experience in Java, Node.js and comfortable diving into any language or technology.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining API gateways.
- Experience with nginx and lua is a strong plus.
- Experience in building and scaling node.js applications is a strong plus.
- Experience with databases like Postgres, and familiarity with Redis and Kafka.
- Experience working with modern cloud-based microservice architectures.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Ability to write readable and testable code.
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually improve.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!