Here is what youll be doing:
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Use the latest cloud technologies from AWS to design and build flexible, scalable, reliable and high-performing applications
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Java, Node, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Work with big data sets (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Deploy code multiple times per day
- Implement serverless architectures
Here is what were looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and NoSQL type databases like MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Redis is valuable, but knowing when to use each is far more important
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
Nice to have:
- Ruby on Rails
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience with AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, or Lambda
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec or JUnit
- Scrum/Agile development
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (I bought a...) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here:
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.