About the team
As a member of the Trulia Mobile Engineering Team, you will be a part of a highly engaging atmosphere that includes deep collaboration with the Product and Design teams. In this role, you will push the boundaries of what we can deliver to our customers. We offer a compelling technology stack that includes Android SDKs, Java/Kotlin, GraphQL, Android Wear, Espresso, and robust continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins, among others.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer at Trulia, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Being an advocate for mobile development best practices
- Crafting the future of Trulia's next mobile app development strategy
- Building resilient and scalable applications with the right architecture/design and production level quality
- Designing, developing, and Unit/UI testing large-scaled mobile applications
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to define, design, and deliver critical features
- Rapid prototyping and collaborating with the design team on new, forward-thinking ways to shop real estate
- Proactively looking for potential quality issues
- Actively contributing to code reviews and Root Cause Analysis sessions
Who you are
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in delivering native applications for Android with a deep understanding of a consumer app life-cycle
- 3+ years of experience with Java (experience with Kotlin is a bonus)
- You have a genuine interest in shipping quality applications and a belief in engineering excellence
- You thrive in an agile environment (i.e., SCRUM)
- You have the ability to effectively communicate across teams and with other product stakeholders
- You are passionate about guiding/mentoring junior developers on the team and have a strong belief for effective code reviews
Get to know us
Trulia's mission is to build a more neighborly world by helping you discover a place you'll love to live. Homebuyers and renters use Trulia's website and suite of mobile apps to get a deeper understanding of homes and neighborhoods across the U.S. through personalized recommendations, insights sourced straight from locals, and 34 neighborhood map overlays that offer details on commute, reported crime, schools, nearby businesses, and more. Founded in 2005, Trulia is based in San Francisco, and owned and operated by Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z and ZG). Trulia is a registered trademark of Trulia, LLC.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.