At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer at Branch, you’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll get to:
- Partner with other teams & drive cross-functional efforts with the goal of ensuring high quality on end-to-end product functionality.
- Develop automated testing scripts that leverage in-house systems/frameworks and commercial tools for a complex, multi-tiered cloud-based system.
- Develop, modify and execute software test plans.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of complex issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Innovate and invest in tools and solutions that’ll help increase the efficiency of product releases.
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements to our software system and product quality.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of hands-on automation testing experience in at least two of these areas - UI, API/Services, SDKs.
- Extensive experience testing mobile applications end to end.
- Ability to write excellent test plans and test scripts.
- Experience creating and/or using automated test frameworks for mobile applications or other software.
- Broad width and in-depth knowledge of QA tools, processes, and tech stack.
- Familiarity with databases and capability to generate complex database queries.
- Familiarity with UNIX systems, CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and deployments.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Dedication to deeply learning product functionality and use cases and willingness to go beyond finding bugs, to diagnosing why problems occur.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!