At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You will be joining a fast-moving team working to build the framework and tools to set a high quality bar across the technology stack, including Application UI, API/Services, Data Pipelines and Performance. We're seeking someone who is excited about working closely with other Test Automation Engineers and Infrastructure & Platform Engineers to design, architect and implement test automation framework and tools to enable the engineering team to deliver at high velocity while maintaining a high degree of quality. Working with our team, you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, build with autonomy & responsibility and influence and guide the test automation toolset at Branch.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Framework & Tools, you’ll get to:
- Design, architect and build test automation framework and tools across the technology stack.
- Own the Test Automation Framework, including maintenance, metrics generation etc.
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and build enhancements to the framework.
- Look for opportunities to make the test automation process easier and smoother for the entire engineering organization.
- Participate in complex issues triaging and look for ways to make root cause identification easier with implementation of tools/processes.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Solid implementation skills using Java.
- 4+ years experience building in-house test automation frameworks/tools.
- Broad width and in-depth knowledge of QA automation tools, processes and tech stack.
- 4+ years of hands-on automation testing experience in at least two of these areas - UI, API/Services, Data Pipelines, SDK, Performance.
- 2+ years experience in building/implementing CI/CD pipelines and systems.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks like TestNG.
- Familiarity with the structure and querying mechanisms of databases/datastores.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and deployments.
- Familiarity with owning and maintaining test/staging environments.
- Willingness to go beyond finding bugs, to diagnosing why problems occur.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Dedication to deeply learning product functionality and use cases.
- High degree of curiosity and client empathy.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!