We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager (f/m/d) to join our growing Location team! Our Location Platform makes the world's addresses and places discoverable in hyper 3D accuracy. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Design and help to implement cutting-edge applications which will transform the delivery industry.
- Take part in architectural decision making.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within autonomous teams.
- Understanding development lifecycle and working closely in a cross functional and diverse team.
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve.
- Hire and develop a great team and ensure you set them up for success
Your heroic skills:
- Leading your team in an emphatic and inspirational way which is respected by the team.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on programming experience in developing Python applications
- Rock solid computer science fundamentals in data structures & algorithms
- Experience in running & maintaining a (micro-)service environment with decoupled services and API communication under high load with large data sets.
- Experience in using Cloud services like Google Cloud or AWS and performance monitoring
- Ability to strive always for clean, tested and well documented code across your team.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, fault-tolerant, agile environment on cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- Familiar with dev ops stacks to run immutable infrastructure, ideally with Kubernetes.
- Practical knowledge of how to optimize & scale a traditional sql database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL to serve more than 1000 requests per second.
- Experience on taking informed decisions based on Data and other metrics
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings, including German learning options
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
We’re looking forward to your application!