You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. You will get the opportunity to work on Peloton operating system (based on Android OS), system applications that power Peloton services, custom-built Android Services and Tools. You will be working within an agile scrum team and collaborate closely Android Front and Systems Engineering.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for defining and improving the development process, choose the right technology, and guide the teams to work on multi-dependency modules. You will also have a responsibility to mentor junior engineers technically and in their professional growth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with writing automated functional tests
- 4+ years of Android Framework/Core development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Java/Kotlin for Android development
- Solid understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Experience designing, implementing and/or debugging systems software and complex embedded firmware
- Good Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting, peer review and test automation scenarios
- Good reporting skills to consolidate various automated test reports into meaningful dashboard(s) for quick access by the broader team
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Proactive in learning new tools/techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Set up test frameworks and help set up automation infrastructure for Peloton systems.
- Perform low-level debugging and testing of firmware/system OS
- Contribute to the development of verification strategy, test design, and test infrastructure
- Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Work with teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Hands on experience with Linux and C/C++
- Hands on experience with the Android OS
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience interacting with REST API for test reporting
- Experience with publishing applications to the Google Play Store
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.