Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms. We are truly international with engineering teams in 13 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Delivery Hero Tech has played an instrumental role in the phenomenal growth of our company.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Consumer team to create a smooth and easy ordering experience for our customers. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
What’s on the menu?
- As part of the global discovery team in Berlin, you will develop and maintain android applications.
- Develop new features for our Android products.
- Build custom Android UI widgets.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipeline.
- Write and maintain UI Tests as well as the UI-Tests framework.
- Maintain and improve our build and distribution automation tools.
- Optimize UI for performance for low-end devices.
- Monitor and understand customer behavior.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritized based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve customer experience within our apps.
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Mentor junior developers.
What do you bring to the table?
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Hands-on experience with Java and Kotlin.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development.
- Hands-on experience writing high quality unit and integration tests.
- Experience in writing and maintaining Gradle tasks and dependencies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
- Familiar with functional and reactive programming.
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and proper state management.
- Experience with resource optimization like Data-usage, Battery consumption … etc.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Experience with Google Play release and distribution process.
- Have built an approved Apps on Google Play.
- Knowledge of performance tools and optimisation techniques (e.g. Systrace).
- Experience with CI/CD and Automation tools.
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages or get your haircut in the office.
Are you the missing ingredient? Send us your CV!
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.