We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Restaurant Partner Solutions team to develop the products that serve our restaurants distributed in 40+ countries. Hundreds of thousands of daily orders and connected restaurants, millions of events per hour give an unique opportunity to push the boundaries and make a global difference. If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Working on our Delivery Hero applications to implement new features as well as drive improvements to the existing codebase.
- Being part of a fast-paced, collaborative environment with product managers, QA, designers and backend engineers all on the same team, working together to build a world-class takeaway experience.
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product.
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond.
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies.
Your heroic skills:
- You have a robust knowledge of Java, Kotlin, RxJava, Dependency Injection, Android SDK, and Android Studio.
- You’ve built complex, high-quality Android applications, and have a strong knowledge of Android app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
- You have worked with REST APIs.
- Strong attention to details and knowing how to compromise on good design vs. pragmatism decisions.
- Estimate the realistic time required to execute tasks and deliver them in time.
- You are passionate about creating world-class products to inspire people. You are thrilled to have an impact.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.