Want to be a Hero? Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces!
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Platform Foundation - Customer Identity Squad to create a smooth, robust, personalised and secure authentication experience for our customers, as well as continue to migrate new brands onto our platform. You will be part of the consumer facing platform that is currently being used by many of our brands, Foodpanda, Foodora, Damejidlo, NetPincer and their millions of users.
If you're a creative problem solver who is eager to deliver solutions and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Partner and collaborate with the product team to build delightful, highly performant, and accessible user experiences.
- Build reusable Android components/SDKs for interfacing with the multiple entities and Apps in our platforms.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews to develop A/B testable features.
- Code defensively against a variety of Android versions and devices and help build pixel-perfect user experiences.
- Solve technical and behavioural challenges, prioritized based on customer impact.
- Engage with the Android development community across Delivery Hero to share learnings and grow.
- Mentor and support your colleagues whenever possible.
- Communicate comfortably in English, both in written and speaking.
Your heroic skills:
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Full understanding of the Android OS internals.
- Hands-on experience with Kotlin, writing high quality unit and instrumentation tests.
- Experience with multithreaded programming, proper state management, CI/CD and Automation tools
- Always seeking different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to comfortably navigate ambiguity.
Nice to have:
- Experience with clean architecture.
- Experience with UI-Tests using Espresso.
- Contributions on knowledge exchange websites e.g StackOverflow, Medium.
- Experience with Bitrise and Firebase
- Experience working with A/B testing tools.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please send us your CV.
We’re looking forward to your application
Learn more about our diverse stack and what our teams are working on by visiting our Tech & Product blog and our Tech Talk Youtube channel.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.