You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton bike and treadmill. You will get the opportunity to work on improving the developer experience and architecture in the Peloton app used in the bike and treadmill.
As a senior engineer on the platform team, you will be responsible for building tools to improve developer experience, evolving our MVI architecture, introducing new technologies and improving build times across multiple platforms. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- Solid understanding of Kotlin and Java.
- Solid understanding of Kotlin coroutines and using Flows.
- Solid understanding and experience with using Model View Intent architecture.
- Solid understanding of Gradle and optimizing builds.
- Ability to improve build times in a large codebase with shared modules across multiple platforms.
- Ability to build Gradle plugins, compiler Plugins and tools to automate and improve developer experience.
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have experience working on a platform team that focuses on improving developer experience across multiple feature teams.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience using gRPC and GraphQL.
- Have experience using Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Have experience building annotation processor and compiler plugins.
- Have experience with build automation with Jenkins.
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.