We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Logistics team to help us creating a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be developing services and algorithms that connect riders and vendors to millions of customers every day. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
Workforce tribe in Logistics owns the riders' journey and experience from their recruitment and onboarding, planning their work hours, making deliveries and finally, getting paid for their hard work! We enable this by building tools for operations managers, recruiters and of course, the rider app itself which drives the whole experience and provides transparency at all times.
- Working on our new Delivery Hero applications to implement new features and move the platform to the next level.
- You will work in an Agile team together with Product, QA, and frontend and back-end developers.
- Helping junior developers to grow as they join the team and will sometimes review their work.
Your heroic skills:
- Knowledgeable on OOP and testing strategies.
- Advanced experience with the Android Platform and know best practices (including Material Design).
- You have worked with REST APIs.
- You know the importance of UX, your work is sustainable, you know the difference between mobile and web.
- Very proactive person who seeks and shares needed information.
- Strong attention to details and knowing how to compromise on good design vs. pragmatism decisions.
- Estimate realistic time required to execute tasks and deliver them in time. You are passionate about creating world-class products to inspire people. You are thrilled to have an impact.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds, and during our Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our in-house trainings
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.
Delivery Hero Tech is playing an exceptional role in the large growth of our company. Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions that cover the full customer experience - starting with a great online search experience and ending with a real-time delivery at your doorstep.
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become the world's largest food-ordering network and we’re now innovating and creating new verticals such as groceries, pharmacies, flowers and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are exclusively looking for the best people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.’ If you’re an enthusiastic problem solver and hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and multicultural workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values, please send us your CV.