We are currently looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help ensure that our global accommodation search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivalled.
You will work with a modern, highly modularized codebase entirely written in Kotlin using MVVM and applying the Clean Architecture concept. We enjoy writing unit and integration tests so that every layer of our architecture has good test coverage. Our Continuous Integration pipeline runs on CircleCI and is integrated with SonarCloud to monitor our code quality.
If you enjoy creating a valuable user experience, you’ll fit right into the trivago tech community – apply now!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features for trivago’s Android app by leveraging technologies such as Kotlin, Git, the Android Framework and Android Jetpack in close collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, QA and Engineers in our team.
- Use your knowledge of software design and architectural patterns to drive your fellow engineers in making architectural decisions, evaluating new technologies in the Android domain and maintaining a technical roadmap for our project.
- Apply your testing skills (including unit and integration testing) to improve our quality standards on a daily basis.
- Mentor other developers by exchanging ideas, sharing your technical expertise with the rest of the team and participating in pair programming.
- Working closely with product owners/managers to create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Engaging in meaningful conversations to challenge the status quo and find beautiful solutions to requirements specific to the Android platform.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback on code changes using Pull Requests.
- Writing high quality, testable and maintainable clean code.
- Improving your technical skills and staying updated about advancements within the industry.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!