Want to be a Hero? Join one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces!
We are looking for a (Senior) Android Engineer (f/m/d) to join our Automation Infrastructure Squad to create Test Automation Technology and tools that shape how we deliver our Android mobile app. You will be part of the Client Foundation tribe that empowers delivery of our consumer facing platform that is currently being used by four of our brands, Foodpanda, Foodora, Damejidlo, Netpincer, and their millions of users.
This is a hybrid role between Test Automation and Android development; where you will not develop customer facing features, but rather create the entire testing technology behind, making our Android app delivery of solid quality - which requires testing enthusiasm and Android platform domain knowledge. Are you ready to empower the Android platform?
If you're eager to build infrastructure solutions for Android testing technology and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Being part of the Automation Infrastructure team you own / work with the architecture of our native Android Test Automation Framework.
- You will bridge the gap between our Android app code and the Test Automation Framework to increase Test Automation capabilities.
- You will work on improving our Test Automation frameworks to be more effective.
- You are going to be part of the team that influences how our Android app is automatedly tested.
- Support other teams by providing tooling, infrastructure support for better productivity and quality.
- Develop automation tools to empower teams to do effective Test Automation for their features.
- Implement new technologies to take Android Test Automation to the next level. Ideally, we are looking for heroes to add Artificial Intelligence capabilities to our Test Automation frameworks.
Your heroic skills:
- Production experience in Android development, including hands-on experience in architectural design, and foundational understanding of Test Automation systems.
- Excellent knowledge in Kotlin/Java, Android frameworks, and Android Studio.
- Solid understanding for code quality and modern mobile architectures.
- In depth knowledge of the Android dynamic and static frameworks, as well as the Android Test Automation framework Espresso.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills and debugging skills.
- You are experienced with SQL, JSON and versioning tools (preferably Git) and have practical knowledge of REST-APIs
Nice to have:
- Experience with backend programming is an added advantage
- Experience with scripting languages, for advanced CI integrations.
- Experience with BigQuery dashboard and APIs integrations.
- Experience with AI frameworks and libraries.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please send us your CV.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Learn more about our diverse stack and what our teams are working on by visiting our Tech & Product blog and our Tech Talk Youtube channel.
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global on-demand delivery platform. We have grown rapidly from inception in 2011 to become one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery platforms and are now innovating and creating new services such as groceries, pharmacies, and other convenience articles in multiple markets.
Our awesome international team already operates in 40+ countries worldwide and we are looking for the most talented people to join us on our mission to ‘always deliver an amazing experience.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.