Touchlab is looking for Mobile Developers! We are the global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) tech. As KMM adoption continues to grow, we want to work with engineers who want to become experts in the tech and help shape the future of the platform. We’re looking for someone who has Android/Kotlin experience and is eager to dive into KMM development. The ideal candidate has some iOS experience, but we know most Android devs need to learn these skills, and we’re the best place to learn! The work is fairly collaborative therefore we have a strong preference for neighboring timezones and are currently only considering candidates in timezones between -3 and -7 GMT.
In your role, you will be working with clients to implement mobile projects, using a blend of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile and platform-native technologies. You will have opportunities to contribute to both our open source and internal products, as well as speaking and publishing opportunities. We have been involved in the Android and native mobile communities for years and will be increasing that involvement going forward.
What you will be doing
- Build quality applications based on product requirements
- Experiment, learn, and coach others in Multiplatform strategies
- Bring design mock-ups to life and create attractive UI’s
- Perform peer code reviews and help us all get better
- Improve our process in weekly retrospectives
- 2+ years of professional Android development experience, or demonstrable equivalent skills. Open source contributions and individual projects will be considered as well (not school projects)
- Strong familiarity with Kotlin on the JVM
- Understanding of various Android libraries and recent best-practice technologies and libraries
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
- Strong interest in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile development
- Located in timezones between -3 and -7 GMT
- iOS and XCode familiarity
- Experience mentoring/coaching other developers
- Ability to communicate mobile development concepts to stakeholders
- Comfortable working with Agile teams
What We Offer
- Competitive fair salary
- Company sponsored Health, Dental, Vision
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays and a floating holiday
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Company supplied Apple machine
- Annual anniversary gifts
- Remote work tech kit
- Remote working (the remote option will remain for the team after the pandemic)
- Employee and client referral bonuses
- Virtual company sponsored social events
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Who We Are
For the last decade, Touchlab has been at the forefront of mobile product development. Today that means helping our clients build products in a world where mobile platforms have matured. When engineering leaders need to accelerate feature development, maximize engineering efficiency, and future-proof their teams and products, they partner with us. We train and advise on mobile best practices, develop apps for all platforms, and as the recognized global experts in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile we have been both a JetBrains and Google certified agency.
Because both startups and the largest public companies seek us out to help them build their mobile products, our team members get the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects as well as contribute to our open-source endeavors.
In just the last year we’ve solved problems with companies in fintech, fitness, farming, and even other industries that don’t start with F. In that same year, we’ve contributed code to Kotlin/Native itself, built the most successful open-source starter kit for KMM, and released multiple KMM libraries that are being used by developers around the world.
Through our partnership with JetBrains and our community efforts, we are directly influencing the growth and adoption of KMM. Check out our blog and JetBrains’ KMM portal to learn more.
Touchlab values a diverse workplace and believes that embracing diversity and individuality leads to success. The dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our owners, which includes a person of color. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We strive for all to feel welcome and comfortable here and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Touchlab provides reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you are unable to submit an application through this technology due to a disability, please reach out to us.