It was not so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across the world we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
Full Stack Software Developer, Android - Organic Marketing
Organic Marketing is responsible for providing the best-in-class user experience to our customers from various marketing channels like search engines, meta search etc. We build and improve hundreds of thousands of web pages constantly to cater to the needs of customers in 40+ languages by providing relevant content & varied selection of properties, flights, car rental and taxis across all platforms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack Software Developer, Android to join our team to build products that would cater to the demand of our millions of everyday customers. In this position you will help in our mission to become the #1 travel app in the world. This is an exciting opportunity to drive mobile apps as well as backend infrastructure improvements.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you'll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on implementing larger changes to our mobile app and backend infrastructure as well as do iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles. In this role, you will:
- Develop new features for our Android app
- Optimise UI for performance
- Monitor and understand customer behaviour
- Build native Android components
- Work with public clouds such as AWS and GCP
- Own and improve backend infrastructure
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, product managers & marketers
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer with Java and/or Kotlin and other languages;
- At least 3 years of this experience must be from working with Android SDK
- Experience with automated testing and deployment of Android apps
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages, e.g. Java, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Experience with MySQL and cloud platforms (GCP/AWS)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Self-starter, highly motivated & team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and you act proactively and not reactively
- Experience with Google Play Store & Apps Distribution Process;
- An approved Play Store app
- Experience with server-driven UI framework development;
- Live and work in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Be part of a fast-paced, performance driven culture with lucrative compensation including bonuses and stock potential, opportunities for career advancement and 29 vacation days
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and see real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to develop new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.