Plenty of Fish is one of the largest global online dating companies, available in more than 20 countries with over 100 million users. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com
, NASDAQ: MTCH).
So, what will you do?
- Work with a talented team of engineers to create apps that encourage social interactions and help form real relationships.
- You will be working on features that create the trust needed, so the interactions between our members are true, honest, and real. You will be also building tools to keep our members as safe as possible on and off-platform.
- Work alongside other engineers to help architect, build and iterate on major components and new product features for POF Android App used by millions of users around the globe every day.
- Work in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment and share your expertise to help solve complex problems at a large scale.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with other team members to resolve them.
- Partner closely with design and product to continuously improve our Android application.
- Work in a data-driven environment implementing AB tests and working with analytical application data.
- Actively contribute to the codebase powering one of the top social applications on Google Play.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- You have a BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience on Android.
- In-depth experience in building and shipping complex Android applications using Kotlin & Java. Our current Android app was developed in Java, however, we prefer Kotlin and write all new code in Kotlin.
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles, design patterns, multithreading, and networking.
- Knowledge of debugging, profiling and optimizing Android Apps for performance.
- You write clean, maintainable and testable code. You set and maintain high standards of code quality.
- Experience in building apps consuming REST APIs.
- You pay great attention to detail but never lose sight of the big picture and company objectives.
- You can multitask, manage competing priorities and are comfortable with change.
- You love to learn and are always up to date with changes to Android OS, SDK and ecosystem.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building REST APIs, and knowledge of Microservices.
- Experience in social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business.
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com
), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.