Flipp is a retail technology company that is reinventing the way people shop. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their business and connect them with tens of millions of shoppers through the next generation digital shopping marketplace.
Mobile is quickly becoming the preferred means to do your weekly shopping, as it uniquely enables our consumers to save time and money and focus on more important things like spending quality time with their family. We are looking for an Android Engineer to work within our Engineering team to design and develop features, fix bugs, review code, write and design automated tests for the Flipp Mobile app. This isn’t an average role where you are only responsible for one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll be able to make an huge impact from concept to release.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Contribute to the team’s technical roadmap with ideas generated through practical development of the code in their area of expertise
- Develop new features and improvements
- Fix bugs and refactoring code to improve Flipp internal and open source packages
- Design and write automated unit test cases
- Contribute to the design of software systems and services
- Mentor Junior, Intern and Co-op developers, helping them to develop their technical abilities
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred), or strong software development background
- 3+ Years of solid professional programming experience with Java. If you’ve worked with Kotlin, that would also be an asset to the team.
- Understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques
- A keen sense for user experience, and a passion for ensuring the user comes first.
- Track record of developing and launching Apps on the Play Store, and working to iterate and improve them.
- Flipp has always been an organization that has never been happy with the status quo and we are looking for someone that will always look for ways to make us better in any way possible
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.