Every year, while Americans wait for their paychecks, more than $1 trillion of their hard-earned money is held up in the pay cycle. As a result, we accumulate over $50 billion in late and overdraft fees and turn to high-interest loans. Overdraft charges and bank fees often trap people in a cycle of debt that can lead to unhealthy decisions and falling victim to predatory businesses disguised as helpful services. We don’t accept that.
Earnin is an app that creates products that help people gain control of their finances. Cash Out lets people get paid as soon as they leave work, with no fees, interest, or hidden costs. With Health Aid, Earnin negotiates on behalf of community members to lower their total unpaid medical bill and work out a budget-friendly payment plan. Cash Back Rewards is a way for members to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases from over a thousand local and national businesses without needing a credit card or having to reach spend thresholds to earn cash rewards — and they can withdraw the money at any time. We also offer free tools to help avoid overdrafts, to remind people when recurring bills are due, and we’re working on more! There is never any required cost to use any of these products or services, users can choose to tip what they think is fair to support the service and pay it forward to keep the movement going.
Earnin is supported by funding partners including Andreessen Horowitz, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Venture, Thrive Capital, and others. Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference.
About the Team:
Since Earnin is a mobile only application, the mobile engineering team’s job is to develop new features and support our best in class iOS and Android applications. We work closely with the product, marketing, server engineering, and customer support teams to create new product experiences for our customers.
Our goal is to provide our customers with a solid mobile experience that helps them gain access to their money easily and understand quickly any problems or issues that may arise on their account. Engineers joining the mobile team must have a solid focus on user experience as well as understand mobile specific issues ranging from network usage to battery life. The mobile engineering team is the most customer facing group and has a big impact on the customer’s impression of our company.
What Set Us Apart:
- We care more about the thought process, perseverance, tenacity in solving really difficult problems (rather than checking off all the technology boxes)
- Solving unique problems in the financial payments industry
As a Mobile Engineer you will:
- Work with the product and design team on creating new user experiences and features
- Design and implement new api’s with our server engineering team to communicate with the mobile applications
- Create and monitor analytics to prove how effective new and existing features are to helping customers
Some skills we consider critical to being a Mobile Android Engineer:
- Fluency in the Java programming language / specifically on the Android platform
- Experience writing flexible layouts for different screen sizes/densities
- Understanding of Android Studio, JAVA and Kotlin
- Minimum of 3-5 years developing and shipping an Android application
- General CS background, understand basic algorithms as well as comprehension of mobile specific problems like network usage and battery consumption
- Comprehension and experience with client/server architectures
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant