We are looking for an engineering leader to help other engineers make the right decisions and adopt good engineering practices. You will push the team through the hardest blockers, by using your extensive experience in certain domains. Explore ways to improve the system architecture of our product to improve developer velocity and speed up responsiveness for the end users.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a high level of quality for our most widely used Pinner experience surfaces
- Work with platform teams across the company to build technology that enhances productivity, scalability and leverage.
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and designers and other functions to build a holistic experience that’s right for all Pinners
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
- Build large scale enabling technologies for product engineers to build new experiences. For instance, architecting and building web sockets to unlock real-time use cases
- Be the technical leader for Product Engineering and represent the teams with other engineering leaders across Core Product and Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- Senior product engineers with 8+ years experience building products across the technical stack
- Engineers with experience building both within Mobile (Android and/or iOS) and Backend technologies (Python, Java, etc)
- Passion for developing software solutions for both the people using Pinterest, and the engineers building Pinterest
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and great product sense
- Experience with running multiple experiments at once
- Proven success launching complex software development projects that deliver high-impact outcomes