About the opportunity:
You will work with the ICE team that is part of the Engagement segment (aka. Business unit). As a segment we are focusing on bringing features to users that will drive their engagement, with the app as well as with the bank.
The ICE team focuses on evolving our current spaces (secondary account) offering and expanding the product to support our marketplace initiative. We are working on always improving our UX and making spaces extremely easy for users to use. Best examples of that are dragging and dropping money between accounts, sharing spaces with your friends and many others. We are actively working on bringing more exciting features to our secondary accounts.
In this role, you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Material Design principles
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Reactive programming - RxJava/RxAndroid/RxKotlin
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- You'd rather take a Dagger to your heart than have flaky code sitting around for a long time.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
- Experience with Model-View-ViewModel architectural patterns
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Active participant/speaker at meet-ups and conferences in the Android community
What’s in it for you:
Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
Personal development budget, subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, German language classes, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.