NEW YORK, NY / ENGINEERING & DATA – ENGINEERING / FULL-TIME
Helbiz is a tech startup at the nexus of transportation, the internet of things, and distributed technology. We’re building the future of how we get around cities.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience working in agile development with tools such as Jira, Slack, Github actions
Helbiz wants to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow well and fast, not only as a company but also as individuals. Helbiz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.