We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
We are looking for strong candidates that have interest in helping us get there and building great products along the way. If you feel like one of these people, our office in Cologne is hiring for the position of an Android Developer.
What you’ll do in this role
- You’ll shape the core experience of merchants and consumers who are using Android Apps on a daily basis.
- In the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean, composable components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write tests, how we manage bluetooth communication, and how we keep performance tip-top.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work closely with the product and design team to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful. You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll have launched numerous features in our Android Apps as well as in the Android SDK.
You will fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You're familiar with Java and the Android framework (knowledge of command line is a plus). You have basics knowledge about testing.
- You are curious about Kotlin or even better have already worked with it.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You're not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis!
- The Mobile Team: You'll be with people who care about mutual learning, keeping our technical knowledge up-to-date, and discussing ideas that contribute to not only the company's success but keeping everyone well-rounded and hands-on
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for sports, Karneval, and drinks.
- Convenient location in the heart of Cologne
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidised)
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Cologne, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- #All the startup swag you expect: Xbox, unlimited drinks & fruits