At Boozt we pride ourselves on being a tech-driven company, with a flat nordic structure, collaborative and friendly atmosphere, and a rich and diverse company culture, spread across 5 offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Malmø, Vilnius and Poznan.
As tech is our DNA, we strive to innovate, experiment, take data driven decisions in our daily work, be curious and competitive and foster collaboration and personal growth, all while being nerdy and having great fun. To stimulate this nerdiness and learn even more we have yearly conferences and several annual hackathons both locally at the Copenhagen office, but also company wide.
In the Android team we currently have 2 apps, where you will be working on one of the two consumer facing ones: Boozt or Booztlet. Since we are growing both our customer base and our team at a rapid pace, you will have a great chance at shaping our future path.
We love writing Kotlin. Our codebase increasingly consists of shared modules, written in clean code and based on the SOLID principles. That helps us to secure a decoupled architecture that can be used across multiple applications. We are not afraid of adopting new technologies and most recent we started to integrate Compose into our UI components. Our current challenges include: strengthening our testing and automation setup and expanding our shared codebase.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Android development in Kotlin while working in small, agile and cross functional teams.
- Improve the apps through new features while also keeping the apps modern, robust and performant.
- You will be part of a growing Android chapter that actively encourages knowledge sharing through workshops and talks.
- Your opinions are heard. Close collaboration with business and back-end to achieve the right solutions.
- Contribute to Innovation Projects, where you in periods of time will be developing prototypes, leveraging existing or new technologies in ingenious ways.
- 2+ years of proven experience in Android (Kotlin) development
- You are passionate about sharing knowledge and new ideas. We improve as a team.
- You are pragmatic. You do care about performance but understand that code needs to be read and maintained.
- Do you have a technical hobby outside of ordinary programming? Don’t be afraid to shine some light on it in your application, we might be able to incorporate it in an innovation project down the road.
To be a fit for our culture and be successful within Boozt you are a nerdy and curious minded person always eager to learn more. You are a teamplayer and value having fun while working. At last, you enjoy working in an agile, dynamic and team based environment where you get the opportunity to take responsibility, have trust and freedom to do your work
We have an international work environment with great personal and internal career development. Our culture is characterised by a CARE WHY mindset and we try to live after our values: trust, freedom and responsibility. Our employees in Denmark get a generous employee discount, paid lunch and pension package. You will have extra days off that are not standard in Denmark e.g., Constitution Day (5th of June), Christmas eve (24th of December) and New Year’s Eve which are non-default Danish holidays. We have various social events and when we break records we celebrate!
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We are currently the fastest growing e-commerce company in our industry in Europe, though we have the Nordics as our core markets. You can find our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, but we also have a few physical retail stores in the Copenhagen area, our Boozt Innovation Lab in the heart of Copenhagen, a small data science team in Aarhus, Denmark, and a fully automated warehouse in Ängelholm, Sweden. We are proud of the fact that the Boozt family of 400+ people in Hyllie are made up of 37 nationalities; we are strong believers that diverse teams help us build an innovative and vibrant workplace. Would you like to join us on our exciting journey?
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusiveness!
Please apply for this position as soon as possible since we are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.